At Cupcake Royale, we believe in Liberty and Justice for ALL. And as a woman owned and operated local business, we are especially caring about women’s rights and freedoms. That’s why, for the month of March, we are partnering with NARAL Pro-Choice America and donating proceeds to support the amazing and important work they do. Here are the ways we’re raising support and awareness — please join in!
- Every Monday in March, we are donating 10% of ALL cupcake sales from all cafes.
- Wednesday March 8th, International Women’s Day, we are donating 25% of ALL cupcake sales from all cafes.
- We have donation boxes at every cafe to receive cash donations. 100% of these monetary donations will go directly to NARAL Pro-Choice America.
- We have writable banners in our cafes (including a nice big one at our Capitol Hill cafe) for everyone to fill with messages of love, thanks, hope, and support. We’ll be giving these to NARAL Pro-Choice America as well.
- On every cupcake box and container, we have information about how to contact congress and tell your representatives what you think.
We have a goal of raising a minimum of $4000 this month and this money will be donated unrestricted, so NARAL Pro-Choice America can allocate the funds where it is most needed.
The following is a little bit of information about the organization, in their own words. But to learn more about their work, visit prochoiceamerica.org.
Being pro-choice means protecting women’s access to safe, legal abortion. It also means working on ways to help reduce the need for abortion, like improving access to birth control. And it means supporting women who choose to carry their pregnancies to term.
About NARAL Pro-Choice America
We are made up of pro-choice women and men across the United States. Together, we’re protecting and expanding reproductive freedom. How do we support the right to choose, exactly?
- We lobby Congress to convince your elected representatives to support your right to choose.
- We organize women and men to make sure that lawmakers hear from the pro-choice people they represent.
- We connect what happens in Congress or in the states to how it affects your ability to make private decisions, like choosing legal abortion.
- We work with our state affiliates to advance ideas that are good for women’s freedom. We fight back against the bad ideas that threaten our privacy.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America uses the political process to elect lawmakers who share our pro-choice values and defeat candidates who don’t. We are passionate about our work—and we couldn’t do our job without the great people who stand with us. That’s why Fortune Magazine has described NARAL Pro-Choice America as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”