- To create joyful experiences and build community connection.
- Exceed customer expectations
- Obsessive about quality
- Work as a team and treat each other with kindness and respect
- Relentless drive to improve
- Do The Right Thing – for the environment, the community, farmers etc.
The Cupcake Royale Commissary is looking for a smart, hard-working, self-motivated, cheerful baker enthusiast to join our very “Royale” Bakery team! A Baker for Cupcake Royale is responsible for assisting the Bakery Manager in all aspects of running a clean, fun, efficient kitchen including: production, recipe compliance, ensuring safe food handling, and of course producing the very best quality cupcakes. Prior bakery production and kitchen experience is not required for this position, but is preferred. This position is an evening position. Being able to work late nights is a must to ensure the freshest, highest quality product gets delivered to our cafes. Cupcake Royale is an independent company creating from scratch cupcakes, handmade ice cream, and expertly crafted Stumptown coffee. The Royale team prides itself in supporting farmers and makers from the Pacific Northwest whenever possible. Cupcake Royale has been Seattle’s Original cupcakery since 2003, thirteen years of handcrafting local sweets. Located in Seattle’s best neighborhoods Cupcake Royale delivers the sweetest treats to kids, students, friends, and families.
Anyone who joins the Royale team must help contribute to our mission of Creating joyful experiences and building community connection. This baker should embody our core values of being respectful, doing the right thing, having a relentless drive to improve, obsess about quality, and exceed expectations.
- Bake the tastiest most consistent cupcakes, cookies, pastries by following CR recipes and standards
- Bake and prep to pre-set levels on prep chart
- Keep BOH areas professional, clean, and organized
- Pack up every order with great detail and care
- Rotate inventory and order ingredients for optimal stock on inventory control
- Follow health, safety, and sanitation guidelines with care
- Follow all our procedures and kitchen policies including shift checklists and cleaning lists
- Be efficient, use/prioritize time wisely
- Communicate relevant information to, fellow bakers, Bakery Manager, and Assistant Bakery Manager in a respectful manner
- Be able and willing to go above and beyond when the team needs it
- Be obsessive about quality
Prior production experience
- Can operate a mixer and ovens
- Quality control and safety standards
- Able to work an 8 hour shift
- Able to lift 50 pounds consecutively – baking can be a physically demanding job
- Valid food handler’s card
- Having a vehicle is ideal – this position can go past the hours of public transit
- $15.00 an hour with incremental, merit based raises
- Health and dental insurance for those who work 30+ hours/week for 90 days and paid sick days
- Subsidized ORCA card
- 1 week Paid Time off
- As many cupcakes and ice cream scoops as you can eat. Oh, and all the coffee you can drink!
- Advancement opportunities in our growing company!
To apply, email your resume today to [email protected]