- To create joyful experiences and build community connection.
- Exceed customer expectations
- Obsessive about quality
- Work as a team and treat each other with kindness and respect
- Relentless drive to improve
- Do The Right Thing – for the environment, the community, farmers etc.
Cupcake Royale is looking for a smart, hard-working, self-motivated, cheerful sweets enthusiast to join our very “Royale” team! As an Assistant Cafe Manager for Cupcake Royale you need to be able to work the floor 35-40 hours a week (leading by example is important to us). Assistant Managers for Cupcake Royale are responsible for assisting the Cafe Manager in all aspects of running a clean, fun, efficient cafe including: ordering, inventory, scheduling, and labor control. You will need to be able to manage your time, problem solve, possess a can-do attitude, and most of all have FUN with your team! Supporting innovation and company changes are essential to us. Teamwork is necessary to get everything done. Cupcake Royale is an independent company creating from scratch cupcakes, handmade ice cream, and expertly crafted Stumptown coffee. The Royale team prides itself in supporting farmers and makers from the Pacific Northwest whenever possible. Cupcake Royale has been Seattle’s Original cupcakery since 2003, twelve years of handcrafting local sweets. Located in Seattle’s best neighborhoods Cupcake Royale delivers the sweetest treats to kids, students, friends, and families.
Anyone who joins the Royale team must help contribute to our mission of Creating joyful experiences and building community connection. This person should embody our core values of being respectful, doing the right thing, having a relentless drive to improve, obsess about quality, and exceed expectations.
- Ensure consistent and positive hospitality throughout team
- Work the floor 35-40 hours a week providing great customer service. (we are working managers)
- Attend the Daily Huddle
- Work closely and cooperatively with COO, Operations Manager, Cafe Managers, Admin Team, Bakery Manager, and Creamery manager to ensure a smooth operation
- Prepare reports for the day/week, including labor control, waste control and sales
- Maintaining high standards of quality control using company tools and systems
- Extensive knowledge of coffee and baking
- Willing to help staff special events
- Be able and willing to go above and beyond when the team needs it
- Be obsessive about quality
- 1+ years of barista experience
- 3+ years of café experience
- Ability to work up to 40 hours a week
- Ability to work 8 hours on your feet
- Ability to lift 50 pounds consecutively
- Ability to effectively manage staff performance
- $13.00 an hour plus tips starting with incremental, merit based raises
- Health and dental insurance for those who work 30+ hours/week for 90 days and paid sick days
- Subsidized ORCA card
- 2 weeks Paid Time off
- As many cupcakes and ice cream scoops as you can eat. Oh, and all the coffee you can drink!
- Advancement opportunities in our growing company!
To apply, send us your resume today at [email protected]